Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Told You I Don't Have to Go!


 One of the caregivers at Bethany relayed a funny story to me today.  She said yesterday Lily had an aide who was unfamiliar with her and her abilities.  She asked Lily if she had to go to the bathroom and Lily said no she didn't have to go.

The aide then said she should try anyway and Lily said, "I told you I don't have to go."

"Well I think you need to try anyway."

To which Lily said,  "Up yours."  and gave her the famous two finger sign.

All the aides burst out laughing and that particular aide said,  "Well I guess she really did not have to go."

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your mom's feistiness!! And I have to believe that that spirit is a part of what has kept her going so strong.

    Gotta love that two-finger salute!

    ReplyDelete