Monday, October 18, 2010

Loving Feelings

Last night I asked my son Ryan who was home from college for the weekend to drop Lily back home to which he readily agreed.

About an hour later I received a call from Holly the nurse there saying,

          "Kerry just thought I would let you know your mom came out of her room showing us pictures of her grandson and going on and on about him.  I have not seen her that happy in a long time.  I just wanted you to know that."

Of course I thanked her and I told her how much I appreciated the call.  A short while later Ryan called and I told him what Holly said.  He replied,

"Well while driving her back I tried to tell her how much I loved her and how much she means to me. I think she knew what I was trying to say because she told me she loved me and hugged me so hard and was asking me over and over how soon I would be back."  

Through tears I said,  "Why now?  What made you think to say that."

"Because she is getting old and I am entering a new phase of life and not around as much.  You just never know."

This morning I went to visit Lily after exercise class dropping in to straighten her room and do her hair and make up for the day.  While applying her blush she said,

                  "That Ryan is such a good kid."  

So at this point I realized not only did that loving feeling carry over last night when Ryan dropped her off but all the way to this morning.

Then beaming she turns to me and says,  "Maybe I will marry him!"



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that story, Kerry. You all have a very blessed and precious relationship. I've been missing your blogs. Amy has a blog spot now, but she's pretty busy w/ her kiddos and school, so ... you know how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy:

    I have missed blogging too. What is Amy blogging on and where is her site.

    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://noogirl.nooearth.com In her words: "Just a country girl living in the city writing about anything and everything that comes to mind… cloth diapering, home schooling, eating, organics, sewing and more. I’m a wife, master’s student, and mother of three. My daughter has Type 1 Diabetes. I really like to write and spend way too much time on the computer. I love Jesus. That’s just how I roll : )" That's Amy! We're going to L'ville tomorrow -- can't wait to see all of them:-)

    ReplyDelete