Wednesday, August 19, 2009

GPS


Another day and we were driving to another Alzheimer study where mom was to be tested to see if she might qualify and be enrolled to receive an experimental drug.
On the way I had the GPS guiding us and Mom said, "She (meaning the GPS) has a nice job sitting on her butt for 6 hours telling us where to go. I wouldn't mind that job." In response I said, "Mom how do you suppose she knows where we are?" "Oh I don't know maybe she can hear us." I then said, "What do you think that woman looks like?" "I don't know and I don't care. She probably looks like hell!" I chuckled all the way to our destination.

Of course mom did not score high enough on her mini mental status exam to qualify for the study as I predicted knowing what score she needed. I had hoped coming in they might remember mom and if another opportunity presented give us a call. Sara the nurse said she would definitely remember mom as she made her laugh which made her day. I said, "Yes she makes everyone laugh."

No comments:

Post a Comment