Monday, November 9, 2009

Friends


What would life be without friends?
I cannot imagine.  One of my dearest friends from high school called me yesterday to invite mom out to celebrate her mother's birthday this evening.
Sande and I met our senior year of high school and have been the best of friends since.  Both of our mothers were born in Ireland, mine in Dublin and Sarah in Belfast.  Because of our friendship our mothers would see each other on occasion over the years.
I know Sande inivited mom to give us a little break and some time for ourselves.  Several of my friends have been there in this way for me and their generosity of spirit warms my heart.  Mom loves Sande's silliness (as I do) and I am sure will have a wonderful time tonight with Sande's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment