Monday, November 2, 2009

Lily's Favorite Cupboard


  As you can see by the picture on the right finding something in the Runyeon kitchen is not always easy.  The first place to look is the cupboard closest to the sink where Lily loves to do the dishes. This cupboard is meant to keep all our drinking glasses on the bottom shelves and coffee on the top shelf. As you can see on this particular day it also holds wine glasses, water bottles, plastic shakers, plastic containers, bowls, coffee mugs, and cat food bowls!  Of course what is placed in here changes day to day and you never know what you might find.

Personally having another woman in my kitchen has been one of the most trying aspects of Lily living with us.  And not just any woman but a woman with Alzheimer's disease.  Because Lily is always trying to be helpful the kitchen is her favorite place to be.  Even though at times it can be annoying I am proud that she continues to try to contribute as she is able.

1 comment:

  1. Kerry I so can relate to another woman in the kitchen!! While Chrissy does not live with me, we have her there 2-3 times a week. And she loves to do dishes also and empties the dishwasher and loves to plunder around in the kitchen. I am always looking for something that I know she has put away. Later on I will find it in the most unusual place and just smile.

    ReplyDelete