Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fifteen Minutes

I don't know if it started last evening with coming home from the grocery and immediately realizing we had no dish soap when Mom started washing the dishes in plain water or in the middle of the night when I got up to get a drink of water and accidentally knocked over a large can of Lysol catching it with my foot so the noise would not wake up my husband.  There I sat on the floor about 4am rubbing my throbbing foot wondering if this might affect the half marathon I am running this Saturday thinking, I hope this isn't the beginning of a crazy day!

So all is well in the morning until about 8:15am when I decide to run upstairs to get ready after telling mom for the 18th time that we have no soap so she can't do the 3 dishes that won't fit in the dishwasher and to stay out of the kitchen hoping that if she stays out she will not try to do the dishes again.  Well as I am going upstairs the phone rings so I grab it and head on up and find "poop" on the floor and walked into my carpet.  My immediate thought was the dogs?  but then again it was right outside Lily's bathroom so maybe it wasn't the dogs,  I won't say anymore. So there I am scrambling to be ready at 8:30am to go biking with Leigh Ann, knowing Alice, mom's aide was coming at 8:30am, cleaning up poop while talking on the phone, worried about Lily trying to do dishes downstairs, when my daughter Emily beeps in and is stuck in traffic on 675 wanting to know if there was a way to check traffic on the internet!
Needless to say I was quite frazzled, moving towards the grumpy side fast, when I thought, "Well I know what I will blog about today!" 

And when I walked downstairs Lily was just putting the dishes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment