Sunday, September 20, 2009

WPAFB Marathon


Yesterday I ran my 4th half marathon (13.1 miles) with my running buddy Leigh Ann and our running group Miles That Matter at WPAFB.  The weather was almost perfect although I was wishing for a little less sun or perhaps a little more shade by the end of the race.  We finished in 2:44 which is my best time although Leigh Ann finished 2:30 in a prior race at WPAFB. 
 

I have to say of the few marathon events we have participated in Wright Patterson definitely has an awesome opening ceremony with paratroopers and flyovers and a moving finish with an Air Force Officer waiting to place a medal around your neck.    

Overall they do a remarkable job!



Without my family I would never be able to participate in something like this.  Their willingness to watch out for Lily and take care of her while I am away enables me to train and participate for these events.  Exercise is a great stress reducer and I believe that is what helps me maintain  balance in my life.





My husband Dan usually comes to all my events to cheer me on or to help the team in so many ways, but this year my son Ryan informed me he was coming as well.  Of course Lily was included as you can see by my pictures and I must say she was a trooper as it turned into quite a long day for them standing at the sidelines waiting for me to pass.  Following the race we celebrated at Clancys with our group Miles That Matter and Carl Day who was our hero for the race.


No comments:

Post a Comment